Refunds & Returns
Refunds and Returns
- Returns policy - which you agree to by checking a checkbox when you place an order through this website; and
- Refund policy- which you agree to by checking a checkbox when you place an order through this website
We may change any of these terms at any time by updating this web page.
If you have any questions about our legal terms, please contact us.
Returns and refunds are handled on a case by case basis.
1. Our policy lasts 30 days. If 30 days have gone by since you received your purchase, unfortunately, we can’t offer you a refund or exchange.
1.1 If a shipment arrives damaged or incorrect, you must report the damage to the item(s) within 15 days of receiving the order.
1.2 Photo documentation is required to process any damage claims.
1.3 Any damage or defect must be reported within 15 business days of receipt.
1.4 If you sign for a shipment, you are signing that you received the product undamaged, so please inspect at the time of receipt.
1.5 If the reported damage is considered to be "Minor Damage" e.g. cracked clear glass that can be replaced, damage to a wooden frame, small paint chips or scratches, bumps and scuffs to wooden articles etc; attempts to repair or restore any minor damage to the work(s) by a specialist Fine Arts Restorer will be made before a Refund will be processed. If the item(s) is deemed irreparably damaged by a Professional Licensed Art Restorer, a Refund will be processed upon receipt of a written report from a Professional Licensed Art Restorer, and photographic evidence of the irreparable damage to the articles.
2. Several types of goods are exempt from being returned. Perishable goods such as food, flowers, newspapers, or magazines cannot be returned. We also do not accept products that are intimate or sanitary goods, hazardous materials, or flammable liquids or gases.
2.1 Additional non-returnable items:
2.1.1 Gift Cards
2.1.2 Downloadable software products
2.1.3 Some health and personal care items
2.1.4 Custom-made, Commissioned Artworks (e.g. a Portrait of a person or a custom image that was Commissioned) and any Monogrammed or Personalized Items
3. To complete your return, we require a Receipt or Proof of purchase.
4. There are certain situations where No Refund or Only partial refunds are granted (if deemed applicable)
4.1 Art Prints, Posters, Books, Homeware or Clothing with obvious signs of use or wear and tear
4.2 Any item not in its original condition, is damaged or missing parts for reasons not due to our error, i.e. items damaged by user error, including but not limited to damages due to food or liquid stains; any damages caused by pets, children or employees, accidental breakage, incorrect handling, hanging, storage or installation of artworks; damage caused by heat, UV light or sunlight exposure, dirt, finger marks, pen marks, altering or adding any substances e.g. varnish, turpentine, household cleaners or gloss mediums to finished artworks, any folds/scuff marks/smears/tears/rips/holes/water damage, etc that appears on an artwork after Delivery has been signed for
4.3 Any item that is returned or reported damaged more than 30 days after delivery
Refunds (if applicable)
Returns and refunds are handled on a case by case basis.
1. Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item. We will also notify you of the approval or rejection of your refund.
2. If you are approved, then your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment, within a certain amount of days.
Late or missing refunds (if applicable)
1. If you haven’t received a refund yet, first check your bank account again. Then contact your credit card company, it may take some time before your refund is officially posted.
2. Contact your bank. There is often some processing time before a refund is posted.
3. If you’ve done all of this and you still have not received your refund yet, please contact us at email@example.com
Sale items (if applicable)
1. Only regular priced items may be refunded, unfortunately, sale items cannot be refunded.
Exchanges (if applicable)
1. We only replace or refund items if they are defective or damaged beyond repair during transport.
2. If the reported damage to an original artwork is considered to be "Minor Damage" e.g. cracked clear glass that can be replaced, damage to a wooden frame, small paint chips or scratches, bumps and scuffs to wooden articles etc; attempts to repair or restore any minor damage to the work(s) by a specialist Fine Arts Restorer will be made before a Refund will be processed.
3. If the item(s) is deemed irreparably damaged by a Professional Licensed Art Restorer, a Refund will be processed upon receipt of a written report from a Professional Licensed Art Restorer, and photographic evidence of the damage to the articles needs to be submitted- in which case you will be Refunded or an Exchange Item may be sent to you.
4. Due to the unique nature of individual Original Artworks, your replacement item may not be identical to the original item that you purchased.
1. If the item was marked as a gift when purchased and shipped directly to you, you’ll receive a gift credit for the value of your return. Once the returned item is received, a gift certificate will be mailed to you.
2. If the item wasn’t marked as a gift when purchased, or the gift giver had the order shipped to themselves to give to you later, we will send a refund to the gift giver and he/she will find out about your return.
1. To return your product, you should ship your product to:
Studio Karlien de Villiers, 18 Chateau Street, Courtrai, Paarl, 7646, South Africa (ZA)
2. You will be responsible for paying for your own shipping costs for returning your item. Shipping costs are non-refundable. If you receive a refund, the cost of return shipping will be deducted from your refund.
3. Depending on where you live, the time it may take for your exchanged product to reach you may vary.
4. If you are shipping an item over R1000, you should consider using a trackable shipping service and purchasing shipping insurance.
5. We don’t guarantee that we will receive your returned item.
Gift Card Terms. The Gift Cards issued in this Store:
1. are not reloadable;
2. are not redeemable for cash;
3. do not include any activation fees or added service fees, or fees that reduce the value of the card over time;
4. may not be used to compensate consumers for unshipped merchandise instead of providing refunds;
5. do not have an expiration date: i.e. applicable funds/cards never expire,
6. are single-use and closed-loop (i.e., the Gift Card may only be used in our Store to purchase goods and/or services from Us and no other merchant or company).
7. Subject to any rights you may have at law, including under The Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008, all E-Gift Cards are sold on a no refund, exchange or cancellation basis.
8. These Terms are governed by South African Law.